Designing a Park during a Pandemic
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, city parks have been revitalized and revalued by residents, as they provide mental health and well-being. With the new safety regulations against a pandemic, and with the few activities thar are allowed to do in this space, it is necessary to redesign existing parks, as well as the form and guidelines when designing new parks.
The Editorial Board of LANDUUM Magazine invites students and professionals of Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urbanism, Environmental Design and other related disciplines, to participate with the submission of a Landscape Project of a Park during a Pandemic. The winning project will be published in LANDUUM Magazine Edition 16: Reclaiming Landscape / Autumn 2020.
You can participate individually or in groups.
The project must demostrate in its objective and methodology the creation, improvement or promotion of a Park Project during a Pandemic, with measures 50m x 100m. Download your Architectural Plan here.
Due date: August 3rd of 2020 – 24:00 hrs.
Winner: The winning project will be selected by the Editorial Board of LANDUUM Magazine according to the quality, innovation and relevance of the proposal. The winning project will be notified through the contact information the provide.
THE WINNING PROJECT WILL BE PUBLISHED IN:
The printed version and digital version of LANDUUM Magazine.
- A Word document with the title of the project, name of the author/s of the project, and a brief biographical sketch (academic background, nationality and professional interests) of the author/s (30 words).
- Project review: Background of the project, intervention proposal and its importance, 600 words max. (the projects that exceed the word limit will not be accepted).
- Project images: Plans, renders, illustrations, photomontages and/or photographs; the file names must be numbered (Image 1, image 2, etc.), and have a resolution of 300 dpi and a minimun of 20cm (8 inch) on the short side.
- Word document with the index of the images and a short descriptive foot note (50 words max.), and the author of the images.
- A Word document title “Contact information” with the phone, cell phone and email of the project representative.
- The project must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The files can be sent through wetransfer.com. A notification will be sent to the contestants when the files are received correctly.
*Include a sanitary space for hand washing.
*Design circulations and recreational areas that allow 2m distance between people.